The dermatologists term stretch marks as 'Striae Atrophicae.' They are mainly caused due to sudden growth of weight. When our weight increases, the skin also needs to expand but it has limited elasticity. When this expansion goes beyond the elasticity, we can see some white or silver colored fine lines on the surface of the body. These are called stretch marks or the striae. Among women they mostly occur due to hormonal changes, pregnancy and puberty. For men the key reasons of striae are sudden weight gain and excessive workouts at the gymnasium.
Here are some tips that need to be considered in order to remove these unwanted lines naturally within 2 to 3 weeks:
* Zinc : You must have foods that are rich in zinc. It helps a lot in formation of the new skin tissues. Some of the items that are rich in zinc enlist oysters, shellfish, wheat germ, bran cereals, pine nuts and pecan nuts.
* Vitamin E: This is a tried & tested cure for all sorts of skin issues. You can massage the affected area with vitamin E oil. Also you can have diet that is rich in this nutrient. Some of the items include sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, hazelnuts, almonds, mayonnaise, peanuts, popcorn, etc.
* Vitamin A & C: Vitamin A helps in strengthening the skin tissues and vitamin C add glow to the newly formed cells. Together they make a perfect diet to cure stretch marks. The list includes carrots, citrus fruits, milk, potatoes, mangoes, etc.
* Castor oil: Apply a thick layer of castor oil on the affected area and tie it with a plastic sheet. Now apply heat on it for 20 to 40 minutes using a hot water bottle or the heating pad. You must do it once in a day for at least 7 days.
* Aloe vera: Blend aloe vera gel or butter with vitamin E oil and olive oil. Apply this mixture once or twice a day regularly.
* Cocoa butter: Massage the affected area at least once in a day with cocoa butter. This is a conventional and perhaps the most recommended tip to get rid of the striae.
* Shea butter: It is used just like the cocoa butter and is indeed worth a try. It has no side effects and shows assured results within one or two weeks.
* Water: It helps in maintaining the necessary moisture of the skin. You must have at least 10 glasses of water per day.
* Stretch mark creams : You can apply natural creams and lotions that comprise of all the above mentioned ingredients. Captiva is one of the most effective anti- stretch marks cream that contains all the above ingredients. This ointment has tremendous moisturizing and healing properties. It can easily repair your damaged skin by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin in your dermis.By Martha Winslett